Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Cherry tree war

I have this cherry tree growing in front of my window. It's very nice cause it offers me shade in the summer, so it doesn't get too hot in the room.
In the winter the leaves fall down, so i get the sunshine it. Very nice!
Another benefit is that I am able to open the window and eat cherries. As every year, however there are masses of birds who attempt to do the same ( eat my cherries ).
I need to think of a clever idea how to get them away. My brother suggested shooting them. Of course i rejected the idea instantly. I realized that hitting the window,or creating other unusual sounds scares them off, but they start coming back in less than 1 minute and in theory i am trying to study, so hearing this sound every minute would be disturbing and impractical.


Anyone has any ideas ?

No comments: