Sunday, June 03, 2007

Well

I decided i will try to post to this blog somehow more often. ( like maybe once per week ). I am just wondering for how long will i manage to keep up with this ? A week or maybe even two ? :p Oh, i realised this new firefox extension does improve my spelling over the time, cause it constantly reminds me of my mistakes. That's good.
So what up ?

Well, last week i have lived pretty much inspired by an issue of United World I received in my mailbox. Lots of people are doing very exciting things ! Nice. I felt a bit bad not contributing remotely as much as some people mentioned out there. But i guess the same goes for majority % of the UWC graduates of my age.
And compulsory nostalgia of the good old RCNUWC times was in my mind as well, of course. But it didn't last very long, cause i was too busy to just sit and think / daydream / whatever.

Today we had this event called Veter v laseh - s športom proti drogi - which means "wind in the hair - sport against drugs ( obviously such as alcohol, tobacco, etc.. and not medicines).
I participated in volleyball ( i can actually play volleyball acceptably - sounds shocking, ha ? ;) ). Our team managed to secure spot number 4 (out of 5 participants that is). It was fun, yelling on the other players or cheering together with them, when we finally managed to get a good move together ( or score, that is.. )
It sort of reminded me of the times when we used to play Age of Empires II - The Conquerors expansion in FH102. We had a couple of games with Herman, Javlon, Patrick and me vs. 4 hardest computers. We played this scenario with water in the center and Javlon and Herman were supposed to take out their navy, while Patrick and I were bleeding on the borders ( of course we also got some help from our comrades ). The computer logic is made so it attacks the player with most points. That happened to be me. I had a castle and during fierce fighting it was destroyed so my base lost basic protection and i had no place to lure the enemy units to. Finally i managed to build another castle , with proper defense, only to be taken out by enemy canon galleons. I remember i was quite nervous ( and so were the others ) so there was quite a bit of yelling. I managed to rebuild yet again ( got some decisive help from Herman's Viking elite units (berserker) and Patrick's paladins, don't remember what Javlon's unit of choice was, though.) (The good thing was i outsourced my food and lumber production in the early stage of the game ). Finally we managed to push them back step by step and we turned out to be victorious after 3 hours of playing or so.

And now ?

Well, age of empires doesn't work on linux -that sux. Well it kinda does under wine, but it's incredibly slow. (it does seem to improve slowly, though). Some people have managed to fix that a bit, but for now i stick with Tremulous. It's a first person shooter with some elements of real time strategy. It's aliens vs. humans. Aliens can evolve and humans can buy better weapons. Whoever destroys enemies base, wins. Try it out if you want to. It's free and open source. I usually play on Planeta Moscow server- but i play maybe 2 hours per week, so you don't really stand much chance finding be, but it's a possibility nevertheless..


Frag ya ;)

No comments: